Journeyman Electrician Job Description:
Interstates is growing, and we are currently seeking a Journeyman Electrician to join our Ft. Collins Office. The Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for leading a team of up to three apprentices to plan layout, install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment and maximize productivity. Interstates seeks ambitious, innovative individuals with the ability to grow and maintain value-added relationships with our team and external customers.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials
- Provide access for future maintenance
- Avoid unsightly, hazardous and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit, using such tools as hacksaw, pipe threader, and conduit bender
- Oversees or participates in wire installation with conduit and cable trays.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as a motor, and installs grounding leads
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience: State issued Journeyman’s license
Travel: For full-time company employees, the ability to travel to jobsites with +/- 75 miles from office is expected.
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug-free work environment.