Journeyman Electrician (Commercial)
Zachry High Voltage – Lubbock, Texas
San Antonio, TX
Zachry High Voltage is seeking experienced commercial Journeyman Electricians to join our team in Lubbock, Texas. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical wiring, conduit, equipment and fixtures. They will work on conduit installation, terminating, and engineered electrical equipment installation
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Cut, bend, and run conduit as specified on blue prints.
- Install, modify, and fabricate cable tray as necessary according specifications.
- Pull cable through specified pathways.
- Assemble and install electrical equipment.
- Terminate wires and cable to electrical equipment such as but not limited to breakers, control panels and distribution systems.
- Test electrical components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
- Inspect electrical equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Setup and maintain temporary power systems.
- Install and maintain grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Minimum of High School education
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Commercial Electrician Helper or above.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements. )
- Must have all required tools (see list below).
- Must have reliable transportation and available to work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
- Must be capable of installing, troubleshooting, and repairing switchboards & control panels
- Must be capable of installing building lighting and control circuits
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics proficiently to perform duties.
- Must know basic electrical theory for example but not limited to ohms law.
- Must be able to install and modify cable tray using hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend and cut conduit using hand saws, hand tube bending equipment as well as power and hydraulic cutting and tube bending devices.
- Must be proficient in cable pulling methods use to run cable through specified pathways.
- Must be able to use specialized electrical tools such as but not limited to ohm meters, multi-meters, and terminating devices.
- Must be able to terminate both High and low voltage equipment and cable/wiring.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment and systems for electrical malfunctions.
- Must be able to identify different types, gauges, and color of cables and wires.
- Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of working with a lock out tag out system.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Required tools:
- Tool Pouch or Tool Bucket
- Stakon Pliers
- Wire Strippers
- Set of Allen Wrenches
- #1 Phillips Screwdriver
- #2 Phillips Screwdriver
- 8” Crescent Wrench
- 10” Crescent wrench
- 420 Channel Locks
- 440 Channel Locks
- Utility Knife
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Diagonal Cutting Pliers (Dikes)
- 1/8” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- 3/16” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- ¼” Straight Slot Screwdriver
- Screwdriver (screw holding type)
- Hammer (Ball Peen or Claw)
- 9” Side Cutting Pliers
- Center Punch
- Cold Chisel
- Tri Square
- 25’ Retractable Measuring Tape
- Torpedo Level
- Set of 3/8” Driver and Ratchet & Socket
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Electrician.
Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. They will need to communicate clearly and comprehend responsibilities assigned in areas where noise may be of higher density. The employee will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. They may be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs. They will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts. They must be able to see full range of colors and use fingers in precise coordinated movements. They will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots
The employee will work in a general office environment and must be capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. They must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the commercial Journeyman Electrician position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.