· Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Minimum 4-5 years demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance experience
· Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days and or as needed
· Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
· Will plan, inspect, verify and document scope of work
· Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
· Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
· Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
· Assembles machines and bolts and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
· Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
· Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come along to move equipment / materials into place
· Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
· Follows direction from supervisor
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists and chains
· Demonstrated ability to use certified hand signals
· Organization and time management, good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Good problem-solving abilities
· Good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Knowledge of math concepts, geometry and layout
· Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Ability to work independently – minimal supervision
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Former Zachry employee
· Basic Computer proficiency
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.