ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Millwright for new construction work.
A Millwright will install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery at a combined-cycle power plant They will work on construction of a heat recovery exchange generator (HRSG), Gas and steam turbines, large industrial generators, and other miscellaneous machinery involved with the construction of a Combined-Cycle Power Plant.
- Must have experience with industrial machinery installation, repair and maintenance of Power Generation machines and equipment
- Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
- Must have all Journeyman Precision Millwright hand tools – see tool list attachment
- Minimum 4-5 years industrial construction/maintenance experience
- Minimum of 3 years Millwright experience in Power Generation Plants
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
- Will plan, inspect, verify and document scope of work
- Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
- Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
- Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders and files.
- May construct foundations for machinery
- Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come alongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools and layout tools such as lasers, ultrasonic measuring and alignment tools, plumb bobs, cutting torches, welding machines, hydraulic torch wrenches, hydraulic stud tensioners, soldering guns and metal working equipment that includes lathes and grinding machines.
- Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
- Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists and chains
- Demonstrated ability to use certified hand signals
- Organization and time management
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity
- Knowledge of math concepts, geometry and layout
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) Certification for Journeyman Industrial Millwright.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Basic Computer efficiency
- Formal/technical education.
Reports to Position
- This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.