ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Heavy Equipment (Crane) Operator for new construction work.
Industrial Heavy Equipment Operators will operate one or more cranes to move heavy equipment from one location to another location. This often entails a change in altitude from one location to the next. This position will need to be able to operate both friction and RT Cranes.
- Must have current National Commission for the certification of crane operators (CCCO) credentials for the appropriate type of crane and current DOT physical.
- Must have 5+ years experience as an Crane Operator.
- Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- May be required to have a valid drivers license and meet a motor vehicle records check.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Will operate various construction Cranes to move equipment and other materials.
- Plan operational lifts.
- Will inspect equipment.
- Will be responsible for all safety aspects of operating the equipment.
- May follow signal directions from a signaler in equipment operations.
- Will access area of operations for safety issues and required processes and planning of equipment operations.
- Must have experience and knowledge of operating various cranes which may include but not limited to: Manitowoc 2250, 16000, 4100, Link belt 218, Kabelco 2500, and rough terrain (RT) cranes ranging from 25T to 140T.
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge and illustrate the abilities to inspect equipment.
- Must be able to illustrate load planning and lift planning.
- Must hold a current CCCO (may also require a particular cert per the crane being used).
- Must have up to date DOT physical.
- Must know all proper hand signals.
- Must be willing to assist in other duties while not operating a crane.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes such as but not limited to equipment inspection paperwork.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Experience in all listed cranes above.
- Formal/Technical education.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of sitting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to pass a visual acuity assessment.
- Must be able to use fingers, hands, arms, legs, and feet in precise coordinated movements.
- Must have good dexterity in fingers, arms, legs, hands, and feet.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer