Southern Industrial Constructors is Hiring the Following:
5-7 Years Machinery Moving/Installation Experience as well as precision alignment experience
Certifications Preferred: OSHA 10 and NCCER
Local candidates are preferred but not required.
• Reads blueprint and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Select cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
• Attach pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps.
• Attach load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, and chains to crane hook.
• Dismantles machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
• Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
• Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
• Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel.
• Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
• Assembles machines, and bolts, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Works within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Signal or verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure safety of workers and materials.
• Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
• Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools.
• Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules.
• Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
• Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, and/or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
• Align, level, and anchor machinery.
• Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools.
• Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment
• Able to pass all required employment screening, such as drug test and criminal background check
• Must possess a high degree of safety awareness. Self-motivated; results oriented; task oriented
• Operating safety working equipment’s and applying safety practice at work while performing duties able to obtain OSHA 10
• At least 5-7 years of work experience required along with verification of High School Diploma or GED & certifications
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled