Superintendent - Sheet Metal
New Orleans, LA.
Primary Purpose: Provide overall direction for field installation of assigned project. Owns direct responsibility for field labor, labor coordination, quality control, and safety on assigned project. Represents BMCC on the project site and insures that the installation functions as designed and satisfies the contracted scope.
- Attends and contributes to the various Operations Meetings
- Fundamental understanding of the estimating process
- Blueprint reading, coordination, layout, sketching and materials take off
- Material, tool and equipment handling; which include: ordering, receiving, placing and returning.
- Contract scope delineations; confirm that construction drawings and spec agree with contract scope. Able to respond to GC’s requests concerning our scope limits.
- Trade stacking and phasing; influence project scheduling.
- Manpower loading and maintaining the “two week” look ahead schedule.
- Time keeping and other administrative duties (i.e.) daily reports, submittal log, RFI status etc.
- Ensuring that safety and other company programs are implemented and effective.
- Building code compliance
- Labor and material cost forecasting
- Quality Control
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have experience managing 5 or more crews of 2-3 workers each
- Must have verifiable experience working on projects of $500K or more
- Educational and experience requirements include: Minimum of 3 years craft supervision experience in similar facility construction.
- Must have advanced knowledge of how jobs are assembled in the field.
- Must manage to the budget, plan to the schedule, plan for the unexpected, meet or exceed project deadlines; while keeping safety first.
- Excellent organizational, communication and supervisory skills required.